With summer in full bloom I’ve been craving some gorgeous greenery indoors! Freshening up the inside of my home always makes me feel better and more motivated in general.
These terrariums are super easy to make and they require little-to-no maintenance. I used succulents and fairy plants, which don’t require frequent watering.
These look amazing, and the best part is, you can enjoy these beauties indoors with the AC because it is hot hot hot here in the South! I’ve been loving the pop of green these bring to different rooms of our home, and honestly, they make me feel happy. And they are simple to put together.
You can grab these at your local garden center or find them online. Here are the materials I used, which you can find on Amazon:
- assorted succulents (I like these) and fairy plants (like these)
- succulent potting soil
- terrarium rocks (like these)
- moss (the ones shown in the video are these and these)
That’s it! You can use containers you already have on hand, such as glass bowls, terrariums, or small planters…even jars. Get creative!
Here is my video tutorial:
Some simple pointers:
- choose an assortment of plants of different heights and colors
- place them in your container first to decide how you want to arrange them before planting
- use either moss or rocks to give it that “finished” look
I hope you enjoy my video!
PS – I went on Amazon to browse, and oh my, there are so many cool terrariums, like these:
But you can really turn anything into a terrarium to hold plants. Get your hands in the dirt! You’ll give your home a nice summer refresh and probably be as obsessed with them as I am.